Corrosion | July 2020
- Identifying problems through condition surveys leading to specialist CMS designs
- Dovetail with EN1504 repair strategy
- Install embedded monitoring for proof of performance to ISO standards
- ICRI Awards of Merit, Excellence and Project of the Year for UK and USA projects
- AiMS management of structures since 2003.
SHL has designed corrosion management systems (CMS) for parking structures for over 2 decades with great success. Projects have been implemented around the UK and USA. Pioneering use of interoperable mitigation methods using ICCP, galvanic anodes, surface-applied corrosion inhibitors with waterproofing membranes to maximise economic benefits from each technique for the resilience management of these assets.
CMS offer control and resilience to enhance the service life of parking structures. Termination of the anode and cathode dc circuitry with embedded monitoring devices within networked zonal enclosures minimizes cabling whilst allowing remote data acquisition and electronic control of the protection systems online. AiMS is used to remotely manage data and control these systems as well as analysing data to track performance for the whole service life. Now the owner has online visibility of the system at all times to provide comfort that the asset is protected for its future.
01744 611 555